Banana Oat Blender Pancakes
Pancakes are my weakness, so whenever I can find a healthier alternative, I'm always willing to give it a try! I usually use my blender for smoothies, but this time around I decided to use it for some tasty banana oat pancakes!
What You Need:
- 2 cups old-fashioned or quick oats
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
*You may add fresh berries, almond butter, banana slices and/or honey for serving.*
What To Do:
- Heat a large skillet and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. (I used the NutriBullet)
- Pour about 1/4 of the batter onto the pan and cook on one side for a couple of minutes and then flip (as you would with regular pancakes).
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
*The batter gets thicker as it sits, so for a thinner batter, add a tiny bit more almond milk.*
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Sugar: 5.3 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 8.8 g
Cholesterol: 93 mg
I've already mastered my Sweet Potato Pancake and now this recipe is added to the list! Do you have any healthy alternatives to your favorite breakfast?