Media Girls On Tour- Charlotte
Lately, I’ve been finding myself in rooms with women who work hard, support each other and inspire everyone around them. That was the exact energy at Media Girls On Tour! I had the pleasure of attending this event curated by the Blogging Beauties Network during CIAA Weekend.
I brought my best friend with me and with out VIP passes, we got complimentary drinks from Mixy Chix, sweet desserts from Uniquely Unwrapped Desserts and of course amazing vendors to shop! I was really impressed and inspired by so many black women pushing their brands and businesses.
The panel for this event consisted of powerful women excelling in the media industry. Each one of these ladies dropped so many amazing gems, but I’ll give you my top 10 takeaways:
- Be an asset to others. Figure out how you can help each other grow.
- This isn’t an overnight industry. You have to put in the work and stick to it.
- Don’t promise what you can’t deliver.
- You’re in the room because you deserve to be there. Own that room and be confident.
- Don’t feel like you’re too good to hustle.
- Trust God.
- Don’t be afraid to switch lanes.
- Don’t be afraid to start. Just start!
- You can’t be closed off. Put yourself out there!
- Be yourself. What’s for you will not pass you by.
Everything that was discussed at this event was confirmation that I’ve got to keep pushing through with my goals. I’m trying to manifest the things I want, but that requires consistency, connections and confidence!
I was also glad to run into a few of my favorite girls:
If you see the #MediaGirlsOnTour coming to your city, don’t hesitate to get your ticket!